Kyle and I deactivated our Facebook accounts about two weeks ago. Why? Well, Facebook is one of those things that we both started doing because "everyone else is doing it," but we recently decided that this is not a good enough reason to keep doing it. Especially now that we both have jobs, a house (or maybe 2 houses), and an adorable, albeit time-consuming child, it does seem that some trimming of unnecessary waste was in order. I was actually a little more hesitant about it than Kyle was, but the funny thing is that since we have disappeared from Facebook, we don't miss it at all. I've realized that I am no less informed for not having read the status update about what someone I barely knew in high school had for dinner last night. Indeed, this is information that I can live without, possibly forever.
However, we do appreciate the need to remain connected and to share important happenings in our lives with the people that we care about. For this reason, we have created this blog to allow us to share our adventures and post pictures. In particular, we hope it will help to counteract the geographic distance between us and our families and friends after we move to Indiana this summer. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment