Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ready or not

The big news today is that Everett has a new tooth! His left upper tooth has broken the gums, and he never seemed to get overly fussy about it (but has been more druel-y and chew-y lately). He has also developed an obsession with reading that has become so severe that when we went to a picnic at a neighbor's house tonight he had to take his "Very hungry caterpillar" book with him because he couldn't stand to leave it at home. Otherwise, he's still the same happy and social little boy!

Tomorrow is my first day of school, and I'm both panicked and relieved to be finally doing what I came here to do. The science center has been positively abuzz the last few days with students here for orientation and advising, and the energy has been nice. Of course I don't know these students yet, but it feels better to have students around--empty college campuses just feel kind of weird. I also know that I'm in for a 15-week marathon that will be just as exhausting as it will be exhilarating. But I've always loved going back to school, and I still love it now, and I think I will always love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment