Sunday, September 4, 2011
Five years ago...
On Friday we celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary (and by "celebrated," I mean we ate Mexican takeout on the floor while playing with Everett)! Life has changed just a little since we said "I do" five years ago. This year, we have just moved to Indiana and begun new jobs with our beautiful 15-month-old boy. One year ago, we had a 3-month-old and I was getting ready to defend my dissertation. Two years ago, we had just moved to Milford, and I was finishing up my field work in Florida. Three years ago, we were still in Hyde Park and we had not even begun talking about having a baby. Four years ago, we had just traveled to Germany, moved to Hyde Park, and I hadn't even taken my PhD qualifying exams yet. And five years ago, we got married on a surprisingly cold September day and agreed that we would embark on this "adventure" together. Now, almost all of our circumstances have changed, but we still find ourselves on an "adventure" and we still want to be doing it together!
No comments:
Post a Comment